Frequently Viewed Business Pages

Shop Bonney Lake


Current Projects


Design Standards


Find Public Records

  You Are Here: Home: Business: Business Licensing and Permitting: Miscellaneous Licenses & Permits

Miscellanous Licenses and Permits


Alarm Permit (Security Alarm)

» See Building Permits - Fire Permit Application for installation of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, or fire suppression equipment.

Download the Alarm Program Form

Per BLMC Chapter 8.48, every security alarm user in the City of Bonney Lake must obtain an alarm permit.

  • Alarm permits are valid for one (1) year, and must be renewed annually.
  • Registration/Renewal Fees:
     - Residential/Commercial: $24.00
     - Senior (65 or older) or Disabled: $12.00
  • False alarm fees are $100 per false burglary alarm, and $200 per false robbery-panic alarm.
  • For information on waivers, late fees, appeals, and other details related to false alarm fees, please view BLMC Chapter 8.48.

Residents and businesses must register their alarm system by submitting a Alarm Program Application form to the City.

Please make sure your emergency contact information is up to date with your alarm monitoring company.


Animal Licenses

Free Spay & Neuter Services
Free & low-cost services are available for qualified pet owners via mobile 'spay stations' at various locations in the area. Visit for more information.

Metro Animal ServicesThe City contracts with Metro Animal Services for animal control and pet licensing. Per Bonney Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.04, "adult dog or cat" means any dog or cat over the age of six months.

Fees for Animal Licenses 

Last updated December 2, 2014. Visit for up-to-date fee schedules and license forms. See also Bonney Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.04.080.

  Dog License Fees Cat License Fees
  Altered Adult Dog - $16.00 Altered Adult Cat - $12.00
  Unaltered Adult Dog - $60.00 Unaltered Adult Cat - $60.00
  Reduced Rates for Owners Aged 65+
  Dogs Cats
  Altered Adult Dog - $8.00 Altered Adult Cat - $6.00
  Unaltered Adult Dog - $30.00 Unaltered Adult Cat - $30.00
  Kennel license fees: $75.00  
  Microchip Credit: $10.00 (one-time credit)
BLMC 6.04.080 (D): The City of Bonney Lake has determined that the best method of identification of animals under current technology is the microchip. Microchipping can be performed by veterinarians. If an animal owner residing inside the Bonney Lake city limits shows proof that their animal has been microchipped, the owner can receive a one-time credit of up to $10.00 on an animal license. Proof of microchipping on the animal to be licensed is required at the time of licensing.

Download the License Application from Metro Animal ServicesAnimal Licenses for cats and dogs of City residents can be purchased by mailing the animal license application and fee to Metro Animal Services, or in person at the Utility desk at the Justice & Municipal Center. The Animal License Application form is available to download at the Metro Animal Services web site:

The City of Bonney Lake contracts with Metro Animal Services and does not maintain records of prior licenses; records are maintained by Metro Animal Services. If your animal has been altered (i.e., spayed or neutered), please bring proof of alteration when paying in person so we may give you the discounted fee. If you are unsure of your residency status view the City Limits Map from our Maps Page or call the City Utilities Department at (253) 447-4317.

Animals may not run at large and must be leashed in public. See Bonney Lake Municipal Code Chapter 6.04 (Animal Regulations & Licensing) and Chapter 12.12.130 (Parks, Animals at Large) for complete regulations. Excessive repetitive barking which unreasonably disturbs the peace is prohibited by Bonney Lake Municipal Code Chapter 9.07 (Public Disturbance Noises).

Boat Launch Parking Pass

Boat Launch pass cards for the Allan Yorke Park boat launch are available to residents living inside City limits only. For more information please click here.

If you are unsure of your residency status, view the City Limits Map on our Map Page or call the City Utilities department at (253) 447-4317.

Lake Bonney does not require a boat launch permit, but does prohibit internal combustion engines. For more information please see our Boating page. Private launches require permission from the Homeowner’s Association in charge of those launches. Go to our Neighborhood Associations (HOA) Page to find contact information for your Homeowner’s Association.


Concealed Pistol License / Concealed Weapon Permit

Concealed Pistol Licenses are processed by the Bonney Lake Police Department; visit the Police - Specialty Divisions & Services Page for more information. The application form is available to download from the Forms page.

Fireworks Retail Sales License / Discharge Regulations

Bonney Lake Fireworks Laws
Revisions to penalties for illegal fireworks went into effect in 2016. Revisions to sale & discharge codes went into effect February 2017.

2019 Bonney Lake Fireworks Laws Brochure
See additional details, below.

A license to sell fireworks is mandatory in the City of Bonney Lake. Only licensed fireworks stands may sell fireworks. Fireworks deemed dangerous by State Fire Marshall as per the provisions of Chapter 70.77 RCW shall be prohibited in the City entirely. Fireworks may only be sold during the time periods in 70.77.395 RCW and BLMC 5.14.110

To obtain a license to sell fireworks, submit required fees and application materials to the Permit Center:

  1. Completed Bonney Lake business license application.
  2. Copy of signed & approved Washington State Application for Retail Firework Temporary Structure Permit.
  3. Copy of signed & approved Washington State Patrol Fire Protection Bureau Fireworks Temporary Structure License Permit signed by the State Fire Marshal.
  4. Copy of Lease Agreement or permission from property owner for the site in which the stand/display will be placed.
  5. Site plan diagram of the proposed sale location.
  6. Certificate of Insurance as required by BLMC 5.14.070.

Please view BLMC Chapter 5.14 for more information or contact the City with questions at (253) 862-8602. 

Reminders about Discharging Fireworks 

Revisions to Bonney Lake fireworks regulations went into effect February 2017.

2019 Fireworks Information

  • It is unlawful for a person to ignite, discharge, use or explode any consumer fireworks except between the hours of:
    • July 4th from 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight; and
    • December 31st from 6:00 p.m. to January 1st at 1:00 a.m.  
  • Only "Safe and Sane" fireworks may be ignited for personal display.
    • For information and a list of legal fireworks in Washington State, contact the State Fire Marshal at (360) 596-3913 or visit
  • It is unlawful for any person to discharge fireworks on the property of another without permission of the owner of such property. 
  • It is unlawful for any person to discharge fireworks in a public park unless a written permit has been obtained from the city. 
  • It is unlawful for any person to discharge fireworks on city property that is not a park without the express written permission of the city. 
  • For more information on violations and penalties including civil infractions, misdemeanors, and related fines; view BLMC Chapter 5.14.

For complete information view BLMC Chapter 5.14 - Fireworks.

Additional Resources:


Sign Permits

The City requires sign permits per BLMC  Chapter 15.28, regulations for temporary signs are also included in this chapter. While not all signs require permits, all signs visible from the public rights of way or on public property are regulated by this code. For explicit requirements see BLMC Chapter 15.28 or contact one of our Permit Technicians.

Download the Sign Permit Application Form off of our Forms Page.

Special Events or Parade Permit

Any person desiring to conduct or sponsor a parade, athletic event or other special event in the City of Bonney Lake which will necessitate the use of a park, public right-of-way or street shall first obtain a special event permit from the City. Additionally, insurance and a $500 damage deposit shall be required. Complete regulations are found in BLMC Chapter 5.15.

Download the Parade or Special Events Permit Application form from our Forms Page.


Copyright © 2010 City of Bonney Lake. All Rights Reserved | For Staff | Disclaimer | Privacy | Sitemap